MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel - Powerpc

This is a discussion on MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel - Powerpc ; Gents, I'm trying to find the source of 2.6 Kernel that comes with Mandrake 10.1 PPC... I want a build a custom kernel to suit my box... Where could i find the source .rpm and all its dependants? Many Thanks ...

  1. MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel

    Gents,

    I'm trying to find the source of 2.6 Kernel that comes with Mandrake 10.1
    PPC...
    I want a build a custom kernel to suit my box...
    Where could i find the source .rpm and all its dependants?

    Many Thanks
    Yurix

  2. Re: MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel

    BTW, I had MDK9.1/2.4 kernel and no probs with comiling
    BUT with 2.6 Kernel it seems different...

    "yurix" wrote in message
    > Gents,
    >
    > I'm trying to find the source of 2.6 Kernel that comes with Mandrake 10.1
    > PPC...
    > I want a build a custom kernel to suit my box...
    > Where could i find the source .rpm and all its dependants?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    > Yurix

  3. Re: MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel

    yurix wrote:

    > Gents,
    >
    > I'm trying to find the source of 2.6 Kernel that comes with Mandrake 10.1
    > PPC...
    > I want a build a custom kernel to suit my box...
    > Where could i find the source .rpm and all its dependants?

    On all mirrors which carries the PPC mirror
    look into the SRPMS/ dir.
    But using a stock kernel works too, Ive done that for getting sound in my
    MacMini

    Emmanuel

  4. Re: MDK 10.1 2.6 Kernel

    "yurix" writes:

    >Gents,

    >I'm trying to find the source of 2.6 Kernel that comes with Mandrake 10.1
    >PPC...
    >I want a build a custom kernel to suit my box...
    >Where could i find the source .rpm and all its dependants?

    >Many Thanks
    >Yurix

    Where all other source files are-- in the SRPMS directory on your favourite
    mirror.

+ Reply to Thread