control fan via adt746x in iBook G4 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on control fan via adt746x in iBook G4 - Powerpc ; Hi all, i am running Gentoo on iBook G4 with adt746x thermo controller compiled in kernel (i.e. not as a module)... was just wondering if there was a way to control at runtime the settings for fan speed or at ...

  1. control fan via adt746x in iBook G4

    Hi all, i am running Gentoo on iBook G4 with adt746x thermo controller
    compiled in kernel (i.e. not as a module)... was just wondering if there
    was a way to control at runtime the settings for fan speed or at least
    temperatures at which the fan kicks in via some sort of writing to
    "/proc" entry.

    Kind regards,
    Leon.

    PS if this is not the right newsgroup - please point to the one that you
    think will suit my question better...

  2. Re: control fan via adt746x in iBook G4

    Ciao leon, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > Hi all, i am running Gentoo on iBook G4 with adt746x thermo controller
    > compiled in kernel (i.e. not as a module)... was just wondering if there
    > was a way to control at runtime the settings for fan speed or at least
    > temperatures at which the fan kicks in via some sort of writing to
    > "/proc" entry.

    I have written a little gdesklet (http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org) that
    displays the temperatures and fan speed. Look for "ibooktemp".

    For any info on the module,

    # modinfo therm_adt746x

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

+ Reply to Thread