floppy disk images - Powerpc

This is a discussion on floppy disk images - Powerpc ; I have been trying to download the floppy disk images to attempt an install of Debian sarge. Using a browser (so far Mozilla, Konqueror and Lynx) and they all load the data as garbage text. I am pretty sure that ...

  1. floppy disk images

    I have been trying to download the floppy disk images to attempt an
    install of Debian sarge. Using a browser (so far Mozilla, Konqueror and
    Lynx) and they all load the data as garbage text. I am pretty sure
    that saving that will not yeild a successful 'burn'. How should these
    images be handled?
    kk

  2. Re: floppy disk images

    "Keith" == Keith Krehbiel <""kk\"@(none)> writes:

    Keith> attempt an install of Debian sarge. Using a browser (so
    Keith> far Mozilla, Konqueror and Lynx) and they all load the data
    Keith> as garbage text. I am pretty sure that saving that will
    Keith> not yeild a successful 'burn'. How should these images be
    Keith> handled? kk

    They are "garbage text", i.e. these are binary disk images.

    You should choose the "save as" or "save link target as" option to
    download the disk images and save them as files.

    Cheers!
    Shyamal

  3. Re: floppy disk images

    Shyamal Prasad wrote:
    > "Keith" == Keith Krehbiel <""kk\"@(none)> writes:
    >
    > Keith> attempt an install of Debian sarge. Using a browser (so
    > Keith> far Mozilla, Konqueror and Lynx) and they all load the data
    > Keith> as garbage text. I am pretty sure that saving that will
    > Keith> not yeild a successful 'burn'. How should these images be
    > Keith> handled? kk
    >
    > They are "garbage text", i.e. these are binary disk images.
    >
    > You should choose the "save as" or "save link target as" option to
    > download the disk images and save them as files.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > Shyamal

    Yup, that was it: save link target as.
    Thanks a bunch