Hello,

I have trouble with installation of Mandrake 10.1 (PowerPC, of course )
on my PowerMac 7500 with 604/170MHz processor. After succesful booting the
kernel (using BootX and kernel+initrd from the CD) I get message:

E: error opening /tmp/syslog
FATAL ERROR IN STAGE1: Fatal error initializing.

I can't recover from this.
You may reboot your system.

Obviously, I can't do anything, there's no console etc. What could be
wrong? May it be hardware problem? I think so, 'cause Debian is extremely
unstable (often even the installation process cannot be done due to
segmentation faults and illegal instruction errors.

TIA.

--
Best Regards,
Pawel "Kip" Matuszczak (GG: 1460680)