I have finally had some success with installing debian on my G3 using
Mk-linux booter and other tools that were used in this installation

http://www.qednet.biz/About7100.html

i placed the appropriate files in their respective folders in the
Apple System folder, and when i restart, the dual-boot screen pops
up....BUT when i select linux, an installation begins but always
hangs-up on this line....

Copying boot infos parameters....done
Will enter kernel after relocating ourselves to 0x004f00 (size =
000600)
Restarting at 0x004f10c

any ideas on what i can do to fix this?? please help....after hours
of trying to install some flavor on this old Mac, i actually think i
see light at the end of the tunnel....