java does not trigger on my mouse events - Powerpc

This is a discussion on java does not trigger on my mouse events - Powerpc ; Hello groups, sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question belongs. Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might ...

  1. java does not trigger on my mouse events

    Hello groups,

    sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    belongs.

    Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.

    kalle@limax kalle $ uname -a
    Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33 CEST 2004 ppc 745/755
    PowerBook4,1 GNU/Linux

    kalle@limax kalle $ java -version
    head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be removed
    in the future
    java version "1.3.1"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS)Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS,
    native threads, nojit)

    kalle@limax kalle $ X -version

    Release Date: 18 December 2003
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-G4 ppc [ELF]
    Current Operating System: Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33
    CEST 2004 ppc
    Build Date: 24 October 2004
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    Module Loader present

    --

    kalle

  2. Re: java does not trigger on my mouse events

    "karl wettin" wrote in message
    news:9fc755c2.0410260525.4af88539@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello groups,
    >
    > sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    > belongs.
    >
    > Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    > have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    > wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    > reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    > gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ uname -a
    > Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33 CEST 2004 ppc 745/755
    > PowerBook4,1 GNU/Linux
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ java -version
    > head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1' since this will be removed
    > in the future
    > java version "1.3.1"
    > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
    > Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS)Classic VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-02c-FCS,
    > native threads, nojit)
    >
    > kalle@limax kalle $ X -version
    >
    > Release Date: 18 December 2003
    > X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.7
    > Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.5-gentoo-G4 ppc [ELF]
    > Current Operating System: Linux limax 2.6.8.1 #3 Sun Oct 24 02:17:33
    > CEST 2004 ppc
    > Build Date: 24 October 2004
    > Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
    > to make sure that you have the latest version.
    > Module Loader present
    >

    > --
    >
    > kalle

    Do you have a listener?

  3. Re: java does not trigger on my mouse events

    "Ann" wrote in message news:...
    > "karl wettin" wrote in message
    > news:9fc755c2.0410260525.4af88539@posting.google.c om...
    > > Hello groups,
    > >
    > > sorry for the cross-post, but I'm not sure where this question
    > > belongs.
    > >
    > > Java applications does not detect my mouse/listen to mouse events. I
    > > have no clue why not. Anyone of you that have an idea of what might be
    > > wrong? It worked just fine before I replaced my harddrive and
    > > reinstalled Gentoo. The major diffrence is that I now run xorg and
    > > gnome 2.6. It used to be xfree and gnome 2.4.

    > Do you have a listener?

    Listener?

    I solved it by installing Ubuntu and Xfree86, but I would still like
    to know what might have been wrong.

    --

    karl

+ Reply to Thread