Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 RC2 download - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 RC2 download - Powerpc ; Hi all, I noticed that there was a new RC2 for Yellow Dog Linux v4.0. But I could not find a site to download the .iso from. Anyone able to give me a link? Yellow Dog's official site requires me ...

  1. Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 RC2 download

    Hi all,

    I noticed that there was a new RC2 for Yellow Dog Linux v4.0. But I could
    not find a site to download the .iso from. Anyone able to give me a link?
    Yellow Dog's official site requires me to subscribe to their 'enhanced'
    service to download the new version. Isn't that in violation of the Linux's
    GPL? Don't they have to offer a free and public download of the distro?

    Regards,
    Jon

  2. Re: Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 RC2 download

    "Jon Cortelyou" writes:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I noticed that there was a new RC2 for Yellow Dog Linux v4.0. But I could
    > not find a site to download the .iso from. Anyone able to give me a link?
    > Yellow Dog's official site requires me to subscribe to their 'enhanced'
    > service to download the new version. Isn't that in violation of the Linux's
    > GPL? Don't they have to offer a free and public download of the distro?

    No, they don't. The only thing they're required by the GPL is to
    provide you the sources, at the same time (virtually) they provide
    you the binaries. They're free to provide you the binary only for a fee.

    neither do we.

  3. Re: Yellow Dog Linux v4.0 RC2 download

    Ciao Jon Cortelyou, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > Isn't that in violation of the Linux's
    > GPL? Don't they have to offer a free and public download of the distro?

    No.
    Free software is free as in "Free Speech", not as in "Free Beer".

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449