debian linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook: Screen too large - Powerpc

This is a discussion on debian linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook: Screen too large - Powerpc ; Hi, I've been struggling to get XF86config working properly with debian linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook. There's a little extra 'screen' that spills off my display. I've tried modifying the resolution but that doesn't help. Gnome and KDE both work, ...

  1. debian linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook: Screen too large

    Hi,

    I've been struggling to get XF86config working properly with debian
    linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook. There's a little extra 'screen' that
    spills off my display. I've tried modifying the resolution but that
    doesn't help. Gnome and KDE both work, but KDE is useless since the
    default taskbar location is at the bottom. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    Thanks, Pete

  2. Re: debian linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook: Screen too large

    Den Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:36:07 -0700. skrev Pete Riley:

    > I've been struggling to get XF86config working properly with debian
    > linux on ti 400MHz Powerbook. There's a little extra 'screen' that
    > spills off my display. I've tried modifying the resolution but that
    > doesn't help. Gnome and KDE both work, but KDE is useless since the
    > default taskbar location is at the bottom. Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    This is my XF86Config-4 for my TiBook 400Mhz:

    Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
    Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    EndSection

    Section "Files"
    RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
    ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
    FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/corefonts"
    FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera"
    FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/artwiz:unscaled"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/"
    EndSection

    Section "Module"
    Load "extmod"
    Load "dri"