X11 forwarding to OSX - Powerpc

This is a discussion on X11 forwarding to OSX - Powerpc ; I have a Linux box and I would like to forward the display over to my OSX computer so I can use KDE from there. I've tried OroborOSX and Apple's X11 for Jaguar, but I can't seem to get forewarding ...

  1. X11 forwarding to OSX

    I have a Linux box and I would like to forward the display over to my
    OSX computer so I can use KDE from there. I've tried OroborOSX and
    Apple's X11 for Jaguar, but I can't seem to get forewarding to work. I
    used to do this with OS9. Is this possible with OSX? What exactly do I
    need to do this?
    TIA

  2. Re: X11 forwarding to OSX

    Lorenzo Thurman wrote:

    > I have a Linux box and I would like to forward the display over to my OSX
    > computer so I can use KDE from there. I've tried OroborOSX and Apple's X11
    > for Jaguar, but I can't seem to get forewarding to work. I used to do this
    > with OS9. Is this possible with OSX? What exactly do I need to do this?

    Install any X server, preferably Apple X11.

    On your Mac, in a shell, type "xhost +linuxbox" where linuxbox is the
    name of your Linux box.

    Then connect to your Linux box: "rsh linuxbox" and tell the Linux box to
    "export DISPLAY=macbox:0" where macbox is your Macintosh.

    Alternatively, after you installed the X server, you can use "ssh -X
    linuxbox" and forget about the xhost and export commands. -X will tunnel
    all X connections through the ssh connection.

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Fan of Woody Allen

+ Reply to Thread