Debian installed, MacOS won't boot - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Debian installed, MacOS won't boot - Powerpc ; Hello! Please help! I just installed Debian 3.0 and afterwards I upgraded the kernel from 2.2.20-pmac to 2.4.18-powerpc. Then I restarted my PMac but it boots directly into Linux (and with the 2.2.20 Kernel which is obviously wrong). But the ...

  1. Debian installed, MacOS won't boot

    Hello!
    Please help!
    I just installed Debian 3.0 and afterwards I upgraded the kernel from
    2.2.20-pmac to 2.4.18-powerpc. Then I restarted my PMac but it boots
    directly into Linux (and with the 2.2.20 Kernel which is obviously
    wrong). But the main problem is it doesn't boot into Mac OS 8.6 and
    doesn't show me the BootX Screen.

    Since It was just an install I wouldn't bother reinstall Linux.

    How can I get my Mac OS booted?

    Thanks for help,
    Robert Welz

    --
    The Adress my@privacy.net is against spammers
    and goes directly into the bin.

  2. Re: Debian installed, MacOS won't boot (more)

    Robert wrote:

    > ... Then I restarted my PMac but it boots
    > directly into Linux (and with the 2.2.20 Kernel which is obviously
    > wrong).

    Ok, I can change that in /etc/quik.conf

    .... Since "quik" is a boot loader can I safely just remove quik to get
    back my Mac OS 8.6 with BootX? BootX is a bootloader, too, or am I wrong

    Thanks for help,
    Robert Welz

    --
    The Adress my@privacy.net is against spammers
    and goes directly into the bin.
    To contact me privately reverse and use
    ed.xmg@xuniLtrebor

  3. Re: Debian installed, MacOS won't boot (more)

    Robert wrote:

    > Robert wrote:
    >
    > (...)
    > ... Since "quik" is a boot loader can I safely just remove quik to get
    > back my Mac OS 8.6 with BootX? ...

    I think so (never booted into Linux on my 7500 via quik)

    > ... (...) BootX is a bootloader, too, ...

    maybe you've to play around with kernel-arguments, but it's working,
    too.

    regards

    ich hätte dir ja gerne per mail & in dt. geantwortet, aber zum Drechseln
    einer validen Adresse hatte ich keine Lust ...

  4. Re: Debian installed, MacOS won't boot (more)

    Danke für die Antwort, ich werde es morgen früh gleich ausprobieren...

    Robert Bar wrote:

    > ich hätte dir ja gerne per mail & in dt. geantwortet, aber zum Drechseln
    > einer validen Adresse hatte ich keine Lust ...

    Ich hab 30-40 Spams pro Tag. ich kenne Leute aus den Foren, die haben
    über 100. Bis jetzt hilft die "verdrechselte" Adresse...

    Gruss,
    Robert

    --
    The Adress my@privacy.net is against spammers