As I understand it Linux distros for PPC (I want to use YDL 3.0.1 in a
dual-boot system with Mac OS 9) will not recognize my Sonnet G3 upgrade
due to no driver for the Sonnet card. I can live with that on the Linux
side, but what I'm wondering is:

1) Can I leave the Sonnet card in the PPC5500/225 so that I can use it
when booting to the Mac OS partition?

2) Will the presence of the card prevent a successful installation of

3) Since the Sonnet card installs into the cache memory slot, if
Linux installs at all, would it be seriously compromised by the lack of
cache memory?

***Ken Browne clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village,Massachusetts***
remove "REMOVESPAM" to reply