As I understand it Linux distros for PPC (I want to use YDL 3.0.1 in a
dual-boot system with Mac OS 9) will not recognize my Sonnet G3 upgrade
due to no driver for the Sonnet card. I can live with that on the Linux
side, but what I'm wondering is:

1) Can I leave the Sonnet card in the PPC5500/225 so that I can use it
when booting to the Mac OS partition?

2) Will the presence of the card prevent a successful installation of
YDL?

3) Since the Sonnet card installs into the cache memory slot, if
Linux installs at all, would it be seriously compromised by the lack of
cache memory?

--
***Ken Browne clacking the keys in Old Sturbridge Village,Massachusetts***
remove "REMOVESPAM" to reply