keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4 - Powerpc ; Hello, On i386 switching from one virtual console to another was achieved by pressing Alt+(F1 to F6). When I try to do the same thing on PowerBook (running 2.4.22-benh2 kernel on Debian 3.0r2 for PPC os) I get 'keyboard: unknown ...

  1. keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4

    Hello,
    On i386 switching from one virtual console to another was achieved by
    pressing Alt+(F1 to F6). When I try to do the same thing on PowerBook
    (running 2.4.22-benh2 kernel on Debian 3.0r2 for PPC os) I get
    'keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45' or similar (numbers at the end
    vary). As a result I cannot switch to another console.
    I'd appreciate if someone could help me fix this.
    Thank you,

    Mark

  2. Re: keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4

    Mark Citizen wrote:

    > Hello,
    > On i386 switching from one virtual console to another was achieved by
    > pressing Alt+(F1 to F6). ...

    what about trying +[|]+(F1..6)?

    hth & regards

  3. Re: keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4

    Hello,
    Unfortunately it doesn't do the trick (same error - unknown scan
    code). I'm not sure what's the problem here, I tried to replace
    /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz with
    /usr/shared/keymaps/i386/mac-usb-us.gz but that didn't help either.
    I'd appreciate more suggestions on the subject.
    Thank you,

    Mark

    rundablage@goehrde.net (Robert Bar) wrote in message news:<1g8yj1s.16z3fhh1vw5ge8N%rundablage@goehrde.net>...
    > Mark Citizen wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > On i386 switching from one virtual console to another was achieved by
    > > pressing Alt+(F1 to F6). ...

    > what about trying +[|]+(F1..6)?
    >
    > hth & regards

  4. Re: keyboard: unknown scancode 0e 45 on PowerBook G4

    Mark Citizen wrote:

    if you do a 'dpkg-reconfigure console-data', which are the
    mac-variations, you can switch to?

    (i just don't want to boot into debian right now ...)

    regards

+ Reply to Thread