problem with installing a new pci card - Powerpc

This is a discussion on problem with installing a new pci card - Powerpc ; on a power mac 8500, old world. I have tried with two cards. kudzu detect the hardware, then its asked me to configure network. But in the network scripts I still see only one interface eth0. dmesg only shows the ...

  1. problem with installing a new pci card

    on a power mac 8500, old world.
    I have tried with two cards.
    kudzu detect the hardware, then its asked me to configure network.
    But in the network scripts I still see only one interface eth0.
    dmesg only shows the MACE interface, wich is the integrated one.

    What must I do exactly ?

  2. Re: problem with installing a new pci card

    mirak wrote:
    > on a power mac 8500, old world.
    > I have tried with two cards.
    > kudzu detect the hardware, then its asked me to configure network.
    > But in the network scripts I still see only one interface eth0.
    > dmesg only shows the MACE interface, wich is the integrated one.
    >
    > What must I do exactly ?

    resolved by changing the alias of the card in module.conf from eth0 to
    eth1 followed by modprobe.

+ Reply to Thread