Compatibility with vt6202 USB - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Compatibility with vt6202 USB - Powerpc ; Hi. I need to install a USB card in my Linux machine, which is an old enough not to have USB built in. The card I want to install uses the vt6202 chip. Does anybody know whether this card is ...

  1. Compatibility with vt6202 USB

    Hi.

    I need to install a USB card in my Linux machine, which is an old enough
    not to have USB built in. The card I want to install uses the vt6202
    chip. Does anybody know whether this card is supported? Note that I only
    need it to work in USB 1.x mode, as I don't currently have USB 2.x
    devices.

    The kernel I use is 2.4.21-1bh-mdk, which is the 2.4.21 benh kernel
    compiled for Mandrake and available to Mandrake Club members. If this
    kernel does not support said card, does anybody know whether a more
    recent kernel for PPC is available that does support it?

    Herouth

  2. Re: Compatibility with vt6202 USB

    I wrote:

    > I need to install a USB card in my Linux machine, which is an old enough
    > not to have USB built in. The card I want to install uses the vt6202
    > chip. Does anybody know whether this card is supported? Note that I only
    > need it to work in USB 1.x mode, as I don't currently have USB 2.x
    > devices.
    >
    > The kernel I use is 2.4.21-1bh-mdk, which is the 2.4.21 benh kernel
    > compiled for Mandrake and available to Mandrake Club members. If this
    > kernel does not support said card, does anybody know whether a more
    > recent kernel for PPC is available that does support it?

    I popped the card into the machine. Although it appears on /proc/pci
    (three times, as USB, USB #2 and USB 2.0), it's not actually working.

    Looking at the kernel modules, I see that the usb host modules there are
    only uhci. This card is OHCI compliant, at least so it says on the box
    it came in. So I downloaded the kernel source, and compiled the
    usb-ohci.c file only. I then tried insmod usb-ohci.o, but it just says
    "No such device".

    So now I'm stumped. Is this at all the correct driver? Am I missing some
    important step? Is there any solution at all or should I send back the
    USB card to the vendor?

    Herouth

  3. Re: Compatibility with vt6202 USB

    Hi,

    Herouth Maoz a écrit :
    > I wrote:
    >

    > I popped the card into the machine. Although it appears on /proc/pci
    > (three times, as USB, USB #2 and USB 2.0), it's not actually working.

    try with :

    modprobe ehci-hcd...

    Best regards,

    eric

    --
    NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. See / Voir
    http://swpat.ffii.org/

    eric bachard

+ Reply to Thread