Group FAQ or Links? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Group FAQ or Links? - Powerpc ; HI all. Mac programmer & user, some Unix experience, zero knowledge of Linux. From what I've seen, Linux would run okay on an old 366 iBook, probably. I'd like to do a little programming and scripting, not much else, just ...

  1. Group FAQ or Links?

    HI all.

    Mac programmer & user, some Unix experience, zero knowledge of Linux.

    From what I've seen, Linux would run okay on an old 366 iBook,
    probably. I'd like to do a little programming and scripting, not much
    else, just to have some Linux familiarity. I haven't seen an FAQ, and
    given the relative age of some of the websites on the subject, I'm
    looking for some pointers from the experienced.... tia

    --
    remove the obvious to reply by email

  2. Re: Group FAQ or Links?

    Mike Lesser wrote:

    > HI all.
    >
    > Mac programmer & user, some Unix experience, zero knowledge of Linux.
    >
    > From what I've seen, Linux would run okay on an old 366 iBook,
    > probably. I'd like to do a little programming and scripting, not much
    > else, just to have some Linux familiarity. I haven't seen an FAQ, and
    > given the relative age of some of the websites on the subject, I'm
    > looking for some pointers from the experienced.... tia

    I've got an iBook 300 running Yellow Dog, you can get it here:
    http://www.linuxiso.org/distro.php?distro=12

    You should have no problems running on your 366. Also check out
    http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_home.shtml

+ Reply to Thread