2 little questions - Powerpc

This is a discussion on 2 little questions - Powerpc ; Hi there, I have been a good boy, and Santa will bring me an iBook, and I'd like to install Yellowdog 3.0.1., but I'm slightly confused on a couple of issues. 1) Do you think I can partition my hard ...

  1. 2 little questions

    Hi there,

    I have been a good boy, and Santa will bring me an iBook, and I'd like to
    install Yellowdog 3.0.1., but I'm slightly confused on a couple of issues.

    1) Do you think I can partition my hard drive in three HFS+ partitions
    (one for Panther, one for Linux and one for data, the /home) and have good
    performance? Is the HFS+ support in Linux safe, or is it still
    experimental, as NTFS?

    2) I have been looking around for some addons to the standard
    installation, and found about nothing apart from freshrpms.net yum
    repository.
    Can you suggest me other good places, specially somewhere to find Gnome
    2.4?

    I thank you so much, I really can't wait to put my little fat and greasy
    hands on the iBook...

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449