CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.01 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.01 - Powerpc ; Hi, I bought the full package of yellowdog linux 3.01. Because the delivery time of the package is long, I decided to download the ISO's. So far so good. I have a Powermac 6500 300 Mhz computer, and the setup ...

  1. CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.01

    Hi,

    I bought the full package of yellowdog linux 3.01. Because the delivery time
    of the package is long, I decided to download the ISO's. So far so good. I
    have a Powermac 6500 300 Mhz computer, and the setup of Bootx went well. I
    can boot into linux, but after the question form which media I want to
    install yellowdog (cd-rom), a message is shown that the cd-rom of yellowdog
    is not found in the cd-rom drive. By the way the cd-rom drive works fine in
    Mac OS 8. Is there a problem with my ISO or is there another problem. If
    anyone has an idea... let me know.

    Thanks.

    Greetings,
    Edwin

  2. Re: CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.01

    "Edwin" wrote in
    news:3fc8f81a$0$41760$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl:

    > I bought the full package of yellowdog linux 3.01. Because the
    > delivery time of the package is long, I decided to download the ISO's.
    > So far so good. I have a Powermac 6500 300 Mhz computer, and the setup
    > of Bootx went well. I can boot into linux, but after the question form
    > which media I want to install yellowdog (cd-rom), a message is shown
    > that the cd-rom of yellowdog is not found in the cd-rom drive. By the
    > way the cd-rom drive works fine in Mac OS 8. Is there a problem with
    > my ISO or is there another problem. If anyone has an idea... let me
    > know.

    Hi Eddies,

    What kernal are you using to boot up from? I struck the same problem until
    I used (IIRC) "vmlinux-2.4.20-8dBOOT" for the install.

  3. Re: CD-ROM not found during installation Yellowdog Linux 3.01

    Hi Mike,

    Thank you for your quick response, I checked the install manual to see what
    kind of kernel I use, but is the vmlinux-2.4.20-8dboot kernel. This one is
    also on the ISO images which I burned. But I have to check at home just to
    make sure. Thanks again for your answer.

    Edwin

    "Mike Dee" schreef in bericht
    > "Edwin" wrote in
    > news:3fc8f81a$0$41760$5fc3050@dreader2.news.tiscal i.nl:
    >
    > > I bought the full package of yellowdog linux 3.01. Because the
    > > delivery time of the package is long, I decided to download the ISO's.
    > > So far so good. I have a Powermac 6500 300 Mhz computer, and the setup
    > > of Bootx went well. I can boot into linux, but after the question form
    > > which media I want to install yellowdog (cd-rom), a message is shown
    > > that the cd-rom of yellowdog is not found in the cd-rom drive. By the
    > > way the cd-rom drive works fine in Mac OS 8. Is there a problem with
    > > my ISO or is there another problem. If anyone has an idea... let me
    > > know.

    > Hi Eddies,
    >
    > What kernal are you using to boot up from? I struck the same problem until
    > I used (IIRC) "vmlinux-2.4.20-8dBOOT" for the install.

+ Reply to Thread