how to install yellowdog + os x 10.1 on 1 HD? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on how to install yellowdog + os x 10.1 on 1 HD? - Powerpc ; Dear all, How can I install yellowdog and mac os x 10.1 on one hard disk? Can I dual boot (os x and linux) under macintosh ? I am using G4. Pls help me. Thanks!...

  1. how to install yellowdog + os x 10.1 on 1 HD?

    Dear all,

    How can I install yellowdog and mac os x 10.1 on one hard disk?
    Can I dual boot (os x and linux) under macintosh ?
    I am using G4.

    Pls help me.
    Thanks!

  2. Re: how to install yellowdog + os x 10.1 on 1 HD?

    pcman wrote:
    > How can I install yellowdog and mac os x 10.1 on one hard disk?

    It's called partitioning.

    --
    Copyright 2003 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
    UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are

  3. Re: how to install yellowdog + os x 10.1 on 1 HD?

    I would advise to go through one of the installation manuals that can
    be found online. At least try to understand what is going on at a high
    level (if not: ask!). Sections on partitioning and boot loaders should
    answer your issue. Not sure where that manual is for Yellowdog, I'm on
    debian myself (they don't differ that much though).

    Also, it is wise to backup your OSX 10.1 data before installing Linux.
    But if things go ok all that data will be preserved.

    Martin

    pcman wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > How can I install yellowdog and mac os x 10.1 on one hard disk?
    > Can I dual boot (os x and linux) under macintosh ?
    > I am using G4.
    >
    > Pls help me.
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread