webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01 - Powerpc ; Hi there, I've found Webmin under the SRPMS directory for YDL 2.2. But I don't see it for 3.0 and 3.01? Does anyone know why and if I might use the rpm under 3.01? cheers, Stefan...

  1. webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01

    Hi there,

    I've found Webmin under the SRPMS directory for YDL 2.2. But I
    don't see it for 3.0 and 3.01? Does anyone know why and if I
    might use the rpm under 3.01?

    cheers,
    Stefan

  2. Re: webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01

    stefan_isaacs@yahoo.com (stefan isaacs) writes:

    > I've found Webmin under the SRPMS directory for YDL 2.2. But I
    > don't see it for 3.0 and 3.01? Does anyone know why and if I
    > might use the rpm under 3.01?

    There was much the same problem with webmin and YDL 2.3 (YDL 2.2 was
    the highest version listed as supported). The answer was to edit a
    line in the file os_list.txt! It was discussed on the YDL mailing
    lists. After editing webmin would work okay! Try a search in google
    for YDL 2.3 and webmin, google searches the mailing lists.

    --
    Stephen Harker Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
    School of Physics & Materials Engineering

  3. Re: webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01

    stefan isaacs wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've found Webmin under the SRPMS directory for YDL 2.2. But I
    > don't see it for 3.0 and 3.01? Does anyone know why and if I
    > might use the rpm under 3.01?

    I have downloaded the rpm on the source forge page of webmin and it
    works well
    It's a noarch rpm, and it detects the distribution.

  4. Re: webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01

    Thanks.. I'll give that a try.

    cheers, S.

  5. Re: webmin under Yellowdog 3.0/3.01

    In the end I was unable to install webmin using:

    apt-get install webmin

    but I installed the noarch RPM by downloading it from sourceforge
    and then:

    rpm -Uvh

    and that worked quite well.

    thanks!