hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel - Powerpc

This is a discussion on hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel - Powerpc ; hi, jfyi: i just discovered that if i compile the hfsplus as a module i am unable to mount my maxosx partition read/write. I get this message in /var/log/messages : Nov 14 21:47:55 kraftbuch kernel: HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not ...

  1. hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel

    hi,
    jfyi:

    i just discovered that if i compile the hfsplus as a module i am
    unable to mount my maxosx partition read/write. I get this message in
    /var/log/messages : Nov 14 21:47:55 kraftbuch kernel: HFS+-fs warning: Filesystem was not cleanly un
    mounted, running fsck.hfsplus is recommended. mounting read-only.

    but if i compile it static into the kernel, i can mount it read/write fine.
    CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS=y

    regards,tom

    ---
    http://jodok.muellers.ms/linuxppc/

  2. Re: hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel

    Hi,

    Thomas Schmidt a écrit:

    > but if i compile it static into the kernel, i can mount it read/write fine.
    > CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS=y

    Yes, same thing for me. But...can you really write on this partition ?

    Me not... I do do what I want, except write on hfsplus partitions. Is
    there a special option to give with mount ?

    I'm generaly using : mount -t hfsplus /dev/hda10 /macosx

    Regards, eric

    --
    NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/

    eric b

  3. Re: hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel

    hi,

    yes i can really write to the hfsplus patition.
    here is my /etc/fstab entry:

    /dev/hda9 /mnt/macosx hfsplus user,noauto 0 0

    usually i run mount as user root and also the copy of files as root.
    normal users can mount the hfsplus part but they cannot read/write it.

    fdisk looks like this :

    [1]jom@kraftbuch:~/# fdisk -l
    /dev/hda
    # type name length base ( size ) system
    /dev/hda1 Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1 ( 31.5k) Partition map
    /dev/hda2 Apple_Driver43 Macintosh 56 @ 64 ( 28.0k) Driver 4.3
    /dev/hda3 Apple_Driver43 Macintosh 56 @ 120 ( 28.0k) Driver 4.3
    /dev/hda4 Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh 56 @ 176 ( 28.0k) Unknown
    /dev/hda5 Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh 56 @ 232 ( 28.0k) Unknown
    /dev/hda6 Apple_FWDriver Macintosh 512 @ 288 (256.0k) Unknown
    /dev/hda7 Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh 512 @ 800 (256.0k) Unknown
    /dev/hda8 Apple_Patches Patch Partition 512 @ 1312 (256.0k) Unknown
    /dev/hda9 Apple_HFS Ohne Namen 20971520 @ 1824 ( 10.0G) HFS
    /dev/hda10 Apple_Bootstrap bootstrap 1600 @ 20973344 (800.0k) NewWorld bootblock
    /dev/hda11 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap 1024000 @ 20974944 (500.0M) Linux swap
    /dev/hda12 Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Linux 56141216 @ 21998944 ( 26.8G) Linux native

    Block size=512, Number of Blocks=78140160
    DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
    Drivers-
    1: @ 64 for 23, type=0x1
    2: @ 120 for 36, type=0xffff
    3: @ 176 for 21, type=0x701
    4: @ 232 for 34, type=0xf8ff

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:33:09 +0100
    ericb wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > Thomas Schmidt a écrit:
    >
    > > but if i compile it static into the kernel, i can mount it read/write fine.
    > > CONFIG_HFSPLUS_FS=y

    > Yes, same thing for me. But...can you really write on this partition ?
    >
    > Me not... I do do what I want, except write on hfsplus partitions. Is
    > there a special option to give with mount ?
    >
    > I'm generaly using : mount -t hfsplus /dev/hda10 /macosx
    >

    > Regards, eric
    >

    > --
    > NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/
    >
    > eric b

  4. Re: hfsplus 2.4.22-ben2 module vs static included into the kernel

    Hi,

    Thomas Schmidt a écrit:
    > hi,
    >
    > yes i can really write to the hfsplus patition.
    > here is my /etc/fstab entry:
    >
    > /dev/hda9 /mnt/macosx hfsplus user,noauto 0 0

    I mount it manually, but it seems to be the same thing.

    > usually i run mount as user root and also the copy of files as root.

    Me not. The only different thing that appears is, when I mount it :

    mount -t hfsplus /dev/hda10/macosx

    give a :

    hfs_fs : Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only...

    I think my problem is here...

    > normal users can mount the hfsplus part but they cannot read/write it.

    Yes, of course.

    Regards, eric

    --
    NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir http://swpat.ffii.org/