User required to change passwd - Powerpc

This is a discussion on User required to change passwd - Powerpc ; Hi all. I've just installed Debian on my ibook and created an user account: whenever I login as user I get the warning 'You are required to change your passwd immediately (root enforced)'. This happens even after, as root, I ...

  1. User required to change passwd

    Hi all.
    I've just installed Debian on my ibook and created an user account:
    whenever I login as user I get the warning 'You are required to change
    your passwd immediately (root enforced)'.
    This happens even after, as root, I did:
    # passwd -x 3650 user
    Is it a bug or my head is bugged somehow?
    Regards,
    Ennio.

    --
    [Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo. \\?//
    Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!" (diceva Henry Miller) ] (|)

  2. Re: User required to change passwd

    * Ennio-(Sr) [Thu, 13 Nov 2003 at 09:42 GMT]:
    > Hi all.
    > I've just installed Debian on my ibook and created an user account:
    > whenever I login as user I get the warning 'You are required to change
    > your passwd immediately (root enforced)'.
    > This happens even after, as root, I did:
    > # passwd -x 3650 user
    > Is it a bug or my head is bugged somehow?

    To whom it may concern:

    It was the battery clock to be bugged!
    On reboot the date was being set to 1904, well behind the 3650 days of
    the -f option ...

    Bye,
    Ennio :-)

    --
    [Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo. \\?//
    Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!" (diceva Henry Miller) ] (|)
    Ennio. (Please change . for .dot. and @ for .at. in my Reply-To) )=(

+ Reply to Thread