Installation of Mandrk9.1 for PPC - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Installation of Mandrk9.1 for PPC - Powerpc ; I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.1 for PPC on a oldworld 7600/120 PowerPC. I don't have any original cd that came with de comp. and the MacOS on it don't boot. I can't find any way to install it. Can ...

  1. Installation of Mandrk9.1 for PPC

    I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.1 for PPC on a oldworld 7600/120 PowerPC. I
    don't have any original cd that came with de comp. and the MacOS on it don't
    boot. I can't find any way to install it. Can someone had already
    experienced it?

    Any help appreciated.

    Thx
    Yan

  2. Re: Installation of Mandrk9.1 for PPC

    Yan Henrichon wrote:
    > I'm trying to install Mandrake 9.1 for PPC on a oldworld 7600/120 PowerPC. I
    > don't have any original cd that came with de comp. and the MacOS on it don't
    > boot. I can't find any way to install it. Can someone had already
    > experienced it?

    Hi -

    Go here:

    http://download.info.apple.com/Apple...osh/Utilities/

    Download these files:

    Network_Access_Disk_7.5.sea.bin 22-Feb-2002 13:38 1.3M
    Network_Access_Disk_7.5.txt 22-Feb-2002 13:38 5k

    Find another mac or use X86 windows/linux HFS/.bin utilities + rawrite
    to get the uncompressed boot image on a floppy. Now you can boot,
    format, etc., and install system 7.5.3 (free from Apple).

    Mac-based details here:

    http://www.jagshouse.com/7.5boot.html

    Windows-based details here (for Basilisk II, you don't need to install
    it but you can use the MacOS install details from this how-to):

    http://www.kearney.net/~mhoffman/bas...ial/index.html

    Same as above for X86 linux:

    http://www.kearney.net/~mhoffman/bas...nux/index.html

    Once you have a booting Mac, you can try installing Mandrake 9.1, but
    their Old World Mac install processes and results are not worth the
    trouble in my opinion and experience (I'd say, try YDL or Debian instead).

    Good luck!

    D.

+ Reply to Thread