I'm attempting to tinker with my "other"system, I'd rather not risk my
primary system, until I can get the hang of this. the System is a PPC
133mhz Powermacintosh 7600, with two 3gb scsi drives, 304 mb of ram,
and a very basic install of OS9.1 This system falls under the phrase
"Old-world", so I'm using xboot as a bootloader.

First of all, the bootloader crashes on startup, unless Extensions is
kept off. Once passed all of this, I went on to the installation, and
picked my partitions, packages and all the nationality stuff. About a
quarter of the way through installation, I get this....

Package: XFree86-libs-data-4.3.0-2.1c

Size: 1,656 kbytes

--------Begin Message-----------

The File /mnt/sysimage/var/tmp/XFree86-libs-data-4.3.0-2.1c. ppc.rpm
cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file, a bad package, or bad
media. Press to try again.

I've tried multiple CD's, repartitioning the drive, even changing out
the memory.

I'm completely new to Linux, very excited about learning it, yet
completly lost.

Linux Beginner Thanks you.