ATTN: Annelies - Powerpc

This is a discussion on ATTN: Annelies - Powerpc ; Hi annelies Just as I was typing that little bit of French it DID occur to me that 'Annelies' sounded the 'other' sort of Belge. I'm afraid my Walloon or Flemish is non-existent. I've performed in Holland but you Europeans ...

  1. ATTN: Annelies

    Hi annelies

    Just as I was typing that little bit of French it DID occur to me that
    'Annelies' sounded the 'other' sort of Belge. I'm afraid my Walloon or
    Flemish is non-existent. I've performed in Holland but you Europeans
    put us Londoners to shame by speaking our language so well it means we
    rarely get to reflect the compliment. I can do Russian and Spanish but
    suspect they're no use either!!

    I'm glad you got your Linux box to boot. Good luck, then.

    Nikki

  2. Re: ATTN: Annelies

    In article <241020030038081857%nix@home.com>, nix@home.com says...
    > Hi annelies
    >
    > Just as I was typing that little bit of French it DID occur to me that
    > 'Annelies' sounded the 'other' sort of Belge. I'm afraid my Walloon or
    > Flemish is non-existent. I've performed in Holland but you Europeans
    > put us Londoners to shame by speaking our language so well it means we
    > rarely get to reflect the compliment. I can do Russian and Spanish but
    > suspect they're no use either!!

    Walloon is just plain French and Flemish is plain Dutch, so we don't
    really have a language of our own, the odd quirk not taken into account.
    But that's ok since it forces us to speak more than one language, which
    makes us a little more multi-lingual than your average European, I guess
    ;-)

    Kind regards
    Annelies

+ Reply to Thread