Debian on an MIA Teron PX? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Debian on an MIA Teron PX? - Powerpc ; Strange little beast, this one. Seems like it's a PREP device, but I can't boot anything except the Yellow Dog Linux kernel that's in the flash. Looks like uboot 0.1, but maybe it's ppcboot? I've tried downloading the binary image ...

  1. Debian on an MIA Teron PX?

    Strange little beast, this one. Seems like it's a PREP device, but I
    can't boot anything except the Yellow Dog Linux kernel that's in the
    flash. Looks like uboot 0.1, but maybe it's ppcboot? I've tried
    downloading the binary image of the debian boot disk, but I can't get it
    to run when I start executing at the recommended address.

    I'd be glad to pay someone a quarter for a clue. It's not as simple as
    it being a CHRP platform, is it?? I suppose I'll try that in the
    meantime...

    (BTW, I've got Debian running on a couple of x86 machines, and a bunch
    of Motorola Powerstacks, so I'm not a complete newbie...)

    --
    Steve Reinhardt
    Regional Technology Manager 203 264 4366

  2. Re: Debian on an MIA Teron PX?

    Steve Reinhardt wrote:

    > I'd be glad to pay someone a quarter for a clue. It's not as simple as
    > it being a CHRP platform, is it?? I suppose I'll try that in the
    > meantime...

    The hardware is closer to CHRP, but it really is neither PReP or CHRP
    due to the U-Boot (i.e. non-IEEE1275) firmware.

    You may want to try http://sourceforge.net/projects/amigaone-linux/ for
    something more specific to this board.

    John

    --