Anyone got 802.11a PCMCIA card in a PowerBook running YDL 3.0? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Anyone got 802.11a PCMCIA card in a PowerBook running YDL 3.0? - Powerpc ; It seems YDL doesn't support the Airport Extreme in the new 15" Apple G4 Powerbooks yet. As a stop gap measure, I'm thinking about putting a third party 802.11a PCMCIA card into the slot and using that. Has anyone done ...

  1. Anyone got 802.11a PCMCIA card in a PowerBook running YDL 3.0?

    It seems YDL doesn't support the Airport Extreme in the new 15" Apple
    G4 Powerbooks yet. As a stop gap measure, I'm thinking about putting a
    third party 802.11a PCMCIA card into the slot and using that.

    Has anyone done that successfully? Any thoughts about what card to
    use?

    I've searched around the YDL mailing list archives (and other places),
    but I haven't really found anything.

    Thanks in Advance,
    Duke

  2. Sorry, I meant 802.11b (was Re: Anyone got 802.11a PCMCIA card ina PowerBook running YDL 3.0?)

    Sorry, I meant 802.11b, the 11Mbs one. I must have proof-read this
    8 times and I still missed that. :-(

    Duke Robillard wrote:
    > It seems YDL doesn't support the Airport Extreme in the new 15" Apple
    > G4 Powerbooks yet. As a stop gap measure, I'm thinking about putting a
    > third party 802.11a PCMCIA card into the slot and using that.
    >
    > Has anyone done that successfully? Any thoughts about what card to
    > use?
    >
    > I've searched around the YDL mailing list archives (and other places),
    > but I haven't really found anything.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance,
    > Duke

+ Reply to Thread