I have a LaCie Pocketdrive external firewire drive with Mac OS X 1.2.6
installed. I'm trying to use this drive to boot a newish flat panel
imac, on which I do not have administrative privileges. I can't get
the drive to show up at all in the option key open firmware boot menu
(on this machine; it works fine on my pismo powerbook and on older
imacs). I remember using open firmware and quik to boot linuxppc back
before bootx and yaboot, and am wondering whether I can set the open
firmware boot-device and boot-file parameters to boot off an external
firewire drive. Does anybody have any ideas how to specify an external
firewire drive in open firmware? Thanks for any help. --Jud