mac-on-linux, 2.4.18-newpmac - Powerpc

This is a discussion on mac-on-linux, 2.4.18-newpmac - Powerpc ; Hi! I am trying to recompile the MOL kernel module for my new Debian-ppc installation. I think I need the kernel headers corresponding to my kernel, (2.4.18-newpmac), which I can't find as .deb packages. I suppose I could recompile the ...

  1. mac-on-linux, 2.4.18-newpmac

    Hi!

    I am trying to recompile the MOL kernel module for my new Debian-ppc
    installation. I think I need the kernel headers corresponding to my
    kernel, (2.4.18-newpmac), which I can't find as .deb packages.

    I suppose I could recompile the kernel, but I wouldn't like to do so,
    because everything (save from mac-on-linux) works ok with this prebuilt
    kernel... Besides, I have never used ybin, so I am certainly afraid to
    break the existing default MacOS boot.

    Do you think it is really necessary to change the kernel, or can I get
    the headers (or equivalent information) from somewhere?

    Thank you very much

    Alex

  2. Re: mac-on-linux, 2.4.18-newpmac

    In bmdtok$nhq$1@peque.uv.es, Alejandro Gaita-Arinyo, gaita@uv.es, il
    13.10.2003 12:16 ha scritto:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I am trying to recompile the MOL kernel module for my new Debian-ppc
    > installation. I think I need the kernel headers corresponding to my
    > kernel, (2.4.18-newpmac), which I can't find as .deb packages.
    >
    > I suppose I could recompile the kernel, but I wouldn't like to do so,
    > because everything (save from mac-on-linux) works ok with this prebuilt
    > kernel... Besides, I have never used ybin, so I am certainly afraid to
    > break the existing default MacOS boot.
    >
    > Do you think it is really necessary to change the kernel, or can I get
    > the headers (or equivalent information) from somewhere?
    >
    > Thank you very much
    >
    > Alex

    Hi

    I'm not sure, but I think that headers of your kernel should be already
    installed somewhere in to your Linux partition (I've read that somewhere ;-)
    ). I have compiled MOL without recompiling the kernel and without worry
    about headers.

    Anyway I am a newbay of Linux!

    Bye, bye

    Marco