Pbbuttons keymap - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Pbbuttons keymap - Powerpc ; Greetings all, my linux weekend is going strong. I installed pbbuttons (tried two versions) but I'm running into this problem: - the "notap" command for the trackpad seems to work. great! - the brightness buttons no longer work, and the ...

  1. Pbbuttons keymap

    Greetings all, my linux weekend is going strong.

    I installed pbbuttons (tried two versions) but I'm running into this
    problem:

    - the "notap" command for the trackpad seems to work. great!

    - the brightness buttons no longer work, and the volume/eject buttons
    don't work.

    - the machine will still go to sleep and wake properly.

    Could this be the keymap? I am using kernel 2.4.22-ben2 on my debian
    machine.

    Thanks for any suggestions!
    `ry weal

  2. Re: Pbbuttons keymap

    Oh my, pbbuttons does things even better than I imagined! My problem has
    been solved.

    Pbbuttons has redirected my "Fn" key so that it is no longer necessary to switch
    consoles.

    Thus, I use "Fn" + F1 to decrease brightness, and likewise Fn + F2 to
    decrease. Mixer options work too, although the sound isn't yet fully
    functional.

    `ry weal

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:46:51 -0700, Ryan Curtis Weal wrote:

    > Greetings all, my linux weekend is going strong.
    >
    > I installed pbbuttons (tried two versions) but I'm running into this
    > problem:
    >
    > - the "notap" command for the trackpad seems to work. great!
    >
    > - the brightness buttons no longer work, and the volume/eject buttons
    > don't work.
    >
    > - the machine will still go to sleep and wake properly.
    >
    > Could this be the keymap? I am using kernel 2.4.22-ben2 on my debian
    > machine.
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions!
    > `ry weal

+ Reply to Thread