cpp - Powerpc

This is a discussion on cpp - Powerpc ; hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box. whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking for gcc and cpp): checking dependency style of gcc... none checking how to run the ...

  1. cpp

    hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box.
    whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking
    for gcc and cpp):

    checking dependency style of gcc... none
    checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    See `config.log' for more details.
    -bash-2.05b$

    does anyone know what the problem is?? im a newbie, so idk what the
    sanity test is, please help me!

    mitty
    mitty12@softhome.net
    http://pig.myvnc.com/~mitty

  2. Re: cpp

    Not sure. What does config.log say?
    On my system:
    $ ls -l /lib/cpp
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Oct 26 2002 /lib/cpp ->
    /usr/bin/cpp-2.95
    $ ls -l /usr/bin/cpp-2.95
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 94632 Mar 18 2003 /usr/bin/cpp-2.95

    Maybe you need the link, or your cpp is not executable?

    Martin

    Mitty Puterio wrote:
    > hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box.
    > whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking
    > for gcc and cpp):
    >
    > checking dependency style of gcc... none
    > checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    > See `config.log' for more details.
    > -bash-2.05b$
    >
    > does anyone know what the problem is?? im a newbie, so idk what the
    > sanity test is, please help me!
    >

    > mitty
    > mitty12@softhome.net
    > http://pig.myvnc.com/~mitty

  3. Re: cpp

    Mitty Puterio wrote:
    > hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box.
    > whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking
    > for gcc and cpp):
    >
    > checking dependency style of gcc... none
    > checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    > See `config.log' for more details.
    > -bash-2.05b$
    >
    > does anyone know what the problem is?? im a newbie, so idk what the
    > sanity test is, please help me!
    >

    > mitty
    > mitty12@softhome.net
    > http://pig.myvnc.com/~mitty

  4. Re: cpp

    Mitty Puterio wrote:
    > hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box.
    > whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking
    > for gcc and cpp):
    >
    > checking dependency style of gcc... none
    > checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    > See `config.log' for more details.
    > -bash-2.05b$
    >
    > does anyone know what the problem is?? im a newbie, so idk what the
    > sanity test is, please help me!
    >

    > mitty
    > mitty12@softhome.net
    > http://pig.myvnc.com/~mitty

  5. Re: cpp

    Mitty Puterio wrote:
    > hello. i have just installed gcc and cpp (duh) on my yellowdog box.
    > whenever i try to compile something, this is the output (of checking
    > for gcc and cpp):
    >
    > checking dependency style of gcc... none
    > checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
    > configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
    > See `config.log' for more details.
    > -bash-2.05b$
    >
    > does anyone know what the problem is?? im a newbie, so idk what the
    > sanity test is, please help me!
    >

    > mitty
    > mitty12@softhome.net
    > http://pig.myvnc.com/~mitty