YDL and the new 15" Powerbooks - Powerpc

This is a discussion on YDL and the new 15" Powerbooks - Powerpc ; Any word on whether YDL works on the new 15" Powerbooks? Their video and wireless LAN stuff is new, yeah? Duke...

  1. YDL and the new 15" Powerbooks

    Any word on whether YDL works on the new 15" Powerbooks?
    Their video and wireless LAN stuff is new, yeah?

    Duke

  2. Re: YDL and the new 15" Powerbooks

    Duke Robillard wrote:
    > Any word on whether YDL works on the new 15" Powerbooks?
    > Their video and wireless LAN stuff is new, yeah?
    >
    > Duke

    Duke,

    Installs OK for me, but isn't quite right. Doesn't
    seem to recognize the Radeon 9600 for what it is, even with
    a little coaxing. Doesn't recognize the Mac OS X partition
    for dual booting. Haven't gotten any further than that,
    pending some advice from friends. I was trying the 3.0 download
    iso's, followup by yum updates. I did coerce it into starting
    up X after telling it to use a generic video driver, but
    the resolution was odd and the colors were odder. So I tried
    installing a second time from scratch (repartition, Mac OS X,
    then YDL, then updates to YDL). Same result.

    I'm a newbie to Macs and YDL; experienced with Linux
    and Win2K on Intel. If you're an experienced Mac and YDL user,
    you might have no problems at all. If that's the case, drop
    me a line. :-)

+ Reply to Thread