Hi,

has anyone managed to build a cross compiler for the powerpc (405) running
under cygwin environment and using glibc.
I tried several combinations, but I can't get it working.
Building binutils and the gcc-core are going fine, but building glibc give
me problems
every time.
I manage to build one using newlib, but executables build with compiler will
not
run on the target (segmentation fault, problems with the elf header)

I want to build a cross compiler for the IBM walnut powerpc board, running
kernel 2.4.2
and as far as I know glibc 2.2.3

Also any info regarding the differant targets is welcome, what are the
differances between
powerpc-*-linx, powerpc-elf, powerpc-eabi and others.

Every info is welcome.

Please reply to newsgroup, no email.
This message reflects my personal opinion.
My employer does not bear responsibility of this opinion