How to burn bootable cds on a Mac - Powerpc

This is a discussion on How to burn bootable cds on a Mac - Powerpc ; I have tried a number of third party programs on OSX and I can't get them to work. I can only figure out how to burn a disc image that isn't bootable, just data. --...

  1. How to burn bootable cds on a Mac

    --

  2. Re: How to burn bootable cds on a Mac

    I have had success burning ISO images (i.e., linux install disks) on
    OSX. First, don't put in a blank disk just yet. Open up the Disk
    Copy program (the default location of which is in the Utilities folder
    in the Applications folder). Then click on the File menu, and select
    "Burn Image". It will bring up a dialog box so you can select an ISO
    image. Then you click burn. It will eject the CD-tray and prompt you
    to put in a blank CD-R. Put one in and you're good to go. Luckily,
    you don't even need any third party apps. Hope this helps.

    ~Rob

    Robert B. Rowsome
    rowsome@wam.umd.edu

    On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Timothy Domst wrote:

    > I have tried a number of third party programs on OSX and I can't get
    > them to work. I can only figure out how to burn a disc image that
    > isn't bootable, just data.
    >
    > --

  3. Re: How to burn bootable cds on a Mac

    In article ,
    Robert B. Rowsome wrote:

    > I have had success burning ISO images (i.e., linux install disks) on
    > OSX. First, don't put in a blank disk just yet. Open up the Disk
    > Copy program (the default location of which is in the Utilities folder
    > in the Applications folder). Then click on the File menu, and select
    > "Burn Image". It will bring up a dialog box so you can select an ISO
    > image. Then you click burn. It will eject the CD-tray and prompt you
    > to put in a blank CD-R. Put one in and you're good to go. Luckily,
    > you don't even need any third party apps. Hope this helps.
    >
    > ~Rob
    >
    > Robert B. Rowsome
    > rowsome@wam.umd.edu
    >
    > On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Timothy Domst wrote:
    >
    > > I have tried a number of third party programs on OSX and I can't get
    > > them to work. I can only figure out how to burn a disc image that
    > > isn't bootable, just data.
    > >
    > > --

    Thanks, I got some cheap copies of Yellowdog off ebay but I might use
    that method later for Gentoo or something.