X video config program - Powerpc

This is a discussion on X video config program - Powerpc ; Hi, it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X video config app? Thanks Nick...

  1. X video config program

    Hi,

    it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X
    video config app?

    Thanks

    Nick

  2. Re: X video config program

    Hi,

    Nick a écrit:

    > it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X
    > video config app?

    eric@tomate:~$ x
    Display all 222 possibilities? (y or n) # I said n (no)
    eric@tomate:~$ xf
    xf86cfg xfd xflock xfs xftrash
    xf86config xfdiff xfmenu xfsamba xftree
    xfbd xfglob xfmountdev xfsinfo xfumed
    xfbdmgr xfgnome xfmouse xfskin xfwm
    xfce xfhelp xfontsel xfsound xfwp
    xfce_remove xfig xfpager xfstt
    xfce_setup xfindproxy xfplay xfs-xtt
    xfce_upgrade xfireworks xfprint xftcache
    xfclock xfishtank xfrun xfterm
    eric@tomate:~$ xf

    Wich one ? ;-)

    You can try with an executable how begins with an X too :-)

    Cheers

    --
    NO ePATENTS / NON AUX BREVETS SUR LES LOGICIELS. Voir / See
    http://swpat.ffii.org/

    eric b

  3. Re: X video config program

    Hi,

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:25:15 +0200, ericb wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Nick a écrit:
    >
    >> it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X
    >> video config app?
    >>

    > eric@tomate:~$ x
    > Display all 222 possibilities? (y or n) # I said n (no)
    > eric@tomate:~$ xf
    > xf86cfg xfd xflock xfs xftrash
    > xf86config xfdiff xfmenu xfsamba xftree
    > xfbd xfglob xfmountdev xfsinfo xfumed
    > xfbdmgr xfgnome xfmouse xfskin xfwm
    > xfce xfhelp xfontsel xfsound xfwp
    > xfce_remove xfig xfpager xfstt
    > xfce_setup xfindproxy xfplay xfs-xtt
    > xfce_upgrade xfireworks xfprint xftcache
    > xfclock xfishtank xfrun xfterm
    > eric@tomate:~$ xf
    >
    > Wich one ? ;-)
    >
    > You can try with an executable how begins with an X too :-)
    >

    > Cheers

    Thought of that, but it dosn't start with x or X or it's not in the path..

    Thanks

    Nick

  4. Re: X video config program

    Nick wrote:

    > it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X
    > video config app?

    Hi:

    In YDL 3 (Sirius), it's /usr/share/redhat-config-xfree86/xconf.py; the
    redhat- stuff in /usr/share seems to drive most of the config functions
    and most of them seem to work even in non-gnome/kde windowmanagers or
    command line environments.

    In YDLs past and in many other distros as I remember them, it's been
    Xconfigurator or Xautoconfig, sometimes with a suffix indicating whether
    it's for XFree86 3 or 4.

    I do an updatedb and then a 'locate 86 | grep bin | more' and a 'locate
    86 | grep conf | more' to figure out where these guys are stashed these
    days, because you can't count on them being apps in your path anymore
    (often as not they're python or perl scripts depending on your distro).

    Piping locate xxxxxxx to a grep filter is a wonderful way to feel your
    way around an almost-familiar distro or installation - for example, it
    would have taken me hours to figure out where YDL was going with their
    Apache2 module directory conventions etc. without it. locate should be
    on your short list of very good *nix friends if it isn't already.

    Hope this helped,

    D.

  5. Re: X video config program

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:12:20 +1200, Nick wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > it's completely slipped my mind but what is the name of the command line X
    > video config app?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Nick

    Xautoconfig