looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz - Powerpc

This is a discussion on looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz - Powerpc ; hi , is there one available? thanks...

  1. looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    hi , is there one available? thanks

  2. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    In article <20030924195142.29105.00000090@mb-m24.aol.com>, CHarneyCHRIS
    wrote:

    > hi , is there one available? thanks

    Try Debian GNU/Linux, there are various flavours including PowerPC.

    http://www.debian.org/ports/

    enjoy

    Nikki

  3. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    In article <260920030047462264%nix@home.com>, Nikki
    wrote:

    > In article <20030924195142.29105.00000090@mb-m24.aol.com>, CHarneyCHRIS
    > wrote:
    >
    > > hi , is there one available? thanks

    > Try Debian GNU/Linux, there are various flavours including PowerPC.
    >
    > http://www.debian.org/ports/

    Also Yellow Dog Linux, claimed to be a port of Red Hat to PPC.

    Isaac

  4. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    thanks : )

  5. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    Nikki wrote:
    > In article <20030924195142.29105.00000090@mb-m24.aol.com>, CHarneyCHRIS
    > wrote:
    >

    >>hi , is there one available? thanks

    > Try Debian GNU/Linux, there are various flavours including PowerPC.
    >
    > http://www.debian.org/ports/
    >
    > enjoy
    >
    > Nikki

    Hi:

    YDL is fine/stable, use Freshmeat RPMs to stay near bleeding edge.
    Debian similar. Avoid Mandrake (PITA on Old World). Long shot:
    Gentoo. There's a Redhat Rawhide have no feel for how it drives on Old
    World, boxes.

    HTH,

    D.

  6. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    whats a rehat rawhide, i know redhat is brand of linux.

  7. Re: looking for a free distro of linux for powerpc225 mhz

    On 26 Sep 2003 01:58:21 GMT,
    CHarneyCHRIS , in
    <20030925215821.28328.00000101@mb-m27.aol.com> wrote:

    +> whats a rehat rawhide, i know redhat is brand of linux.

    Think next generation RH. It's their testing/experimental branch.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.