Package manager files ".pm" - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Package manager files ".pm" - Powerpc ; Greetings all, I've run into this problem a few times now and I'm not sure how to get around it. I have installed software, both on my PowerPC/Debian system, and on a Solaris server at school and I'm having problems ...

  1. Package manager files ".pm"

    Greetings all,

    I've run into this problem a few times now and I'm not sure how to get
    around it.

    I have installed software, both on my PowerPC/Debian system, and on a
    Solaris server at school and I'm having problems using applications that
    require package manager.

    The most recent example is a GNU program called "albummaker" which relies on
    the GD library.

    I have installed GD, and I can configure and make albummaker, but when
    running the cgi programs I receive errors because it cannot locate the
    package manager file.

    How do I get around this? Can I setup a symbolic link to the program, or
    should I be installing and configuring things to get this working?

    Thanks
    reply to list please.

    `ry

  2. Re: Package manager files ".pm"

    Weal writes:

    > I have installed GD, and I can configure and make albummaker, but when
    > running the cgi programs I receive errors because it cannot locate the
    > package manager file.

    You're sure that it doesn't mean perl module?

    Try install the libgd-perl package on Debian and see if it works.

    --
    Peter Makholm | According to the hacker ethic, the meaning of life
    peter@makholm.net | is not Friday, but it is not Sunday either

+ Reply to Thread