Airport Extreme and mol - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Airport Extreme and mol - Powerpc ; How much control over hardware does Mac on Linux allow? Specifically, could you use Airport Extreme in OSX running in mol (with Linux as the main OS)? If Mac on Linux allows that, then you should be able to use ...

  1. Airport Extreme and mol

    How much control over hardware does Mac on Linux allow? Specifically,
    could you use Airport Extreme in OSX running in mol (with Linux as
    the main OS)?

    If Mac on Linux allows that, then you should be able to use the mol-OSX
    as a router for Linux (via a loopback network connection). Running
    mol and OSX merely to get a driver for Airport Extreme would be a bit
    wierd, but I think it'd be worth it so that we can use wireless on a
    powerbook in Linux.

    Cheers,
    - Graham

  2. Re: Airport Extreme and mol

    On 18/9/03 5:41 am, in article bkbd2g$ss5$1@morgoth.sfu.ca, "Graham
    Percival" wrote:

    > How much control over hardware does Mac on Linux allow? Specifically,
    > could you use Airport Extreme in OSX running in mol (with Linux as
    > the main OS)?
    >
    > If Mac on Linux allows that, then you should be able to use the mol-OSX
    > as a router for Linux (via a loopback network connection). Running
    > mol and OSX merely to get a driver for Airport Extreme would be a bit
    > wierd, but I think it'd be worth it so that we can use wireless on a
    > powerbook in Linux.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > - Graham

    You should be able to use wireless with Linux on its own, I do on my ibook
    running YDL.
    Colin

  3. Re: Airport Extreme and mol

    I got tired of the "line exceeds..." messages, so I'll just use %n wrote...
    {Colin Ward} wrote:
    > On 18/9/03 5:41 am, in article bkbd2g$ss5$1@morgoth.sfu.ca, "Graham
    > Percival" wrote:
    >> How much control over hardware does Mac on Linux allow? Specifically,
    >> could you use Airport Extreme in OSX running in mol (with Linux as
    >> the main OS)?

    > You should be able to use wireless with Linux on its own, I do on my ibook
    > running YDL.

    I know that airport non-extreme is supported, but as far as I can tell airport
    extreme (which uses a different chip) is not supported.

    - Graham

+ Reply to Thread