YDL 3.0 - French man pages - Powerpc

This is a discussion on YDL 3.0 - French man pages - Powerpc ; Hello ! I successfully installed YDL 3.0 on a G3/266, but still I have one problem : I'm native speaking french, and can't visualise them with the good encoding : all accentuated characters are looking ugly...@... Any advice ? Matthieu...

  1. YDL 3.0 - French man pages

    Hello !

    I successfully installed YDL 3.0 on a G3/266, but still I have one problem :

    I'm native speaking french, and can't visualise them with the good encoding
    : all accentuated characters are looking ugly...@...

    Any advice ?

    Matthieu

  2. Re: YDL 3.0 - French man pages

    Matthieu Oppliger wrote:
    > I successfully installed YDL 3.0 on a G3/266, but still I have one problem :
    >
    > I'm native speaking french, and can't visualise them with the good encoding
    > : all accentuated characters are looking ugly...@...

    successfully displaying characters out of the ascii set is sometime
    tricky and depends on a combination of different parameters such as the
    terminal emulator, its settings , the locates and several other things.
    Does it work as expected if you enter "unicode_start" in the terminal
    before launching the man page?

    BTW, if you speak french, you may sometime have some relevant answers in

    mata ne
    --
    luigi

+ Reply to Thread