Mozilla problem with gnome - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Mozilla problem with gnome - Powerpc ; Hi, I'm a Linux newbie trying to configure my system. I'm using a recent Debian build on my iBook (built today, after getting mad and formatting). I thought my problems were gone, but alas they are back. Mozilla will not ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Mozilla problem with gnome

  1. Mozilla problem with gnome

    Hi, I'm a Linux newbie trying to configure my system. I'm using a recent
    Debian build on my iBook (built today, after getting mad and formatting).

    I thought my problems were gone, but alas they are back.

    Mozilla will not run in Gnome. It works fine in KDE, and did work in Gnome,
    until I installed some software.

    So far I have installed the following (that were not in Debian packages):
    - amsn (the msn clone)
    - glib-2.0.6*
    - pkg-config
    - real player 8 (and copied the two plugin files, which work, to mozilla's
    plugins folder)


    I think the problem is pkg-config or glib-2.0.6, which I installed to try
    and get another program working. I don't know what to do from here. I
    would prefer using Gnome in the future.

    Mozilla doesn't come up at all, i've even tried launching the program as
    root. A new install calls for glibc-2.3, which I hesitate to install
    because it could cause more problems.

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    Please reply to the server.
    Thanks!
    Ryan Weal


  2. Re: Mozilla problem with gnome

    Weal wrote:
    > Hi, I'm a Linux newbie trying to configure my system. I'm using a recent
    > Debian build on my iBook (built today, after getting mad and formatting).
    >
    > I thought my problems were gone, but alas they are back.
    >
    > Mozilla will not run in Gnome. It works fine in KDE, and did work in Gnome,
    > until I installed some software.


    It's a known issue with the esd sound frontend for mozilla (at least
    with the 1.0 version). The best thing to do is edit
    /etc/mozilla/mozillarc and replace MOZILLA_DSP=esd with MOZILLA_DSP=none.

    It should do the trick. If not, try to launch
    /usr/lib/mozilla/mozilla-bin directly.

    mata ne
    --
    luigi


+ Reply to Thread