FYI 6500/250 and Linux - Powerpc

This is a discussion on FYI 6500/250 and Linux - Powerpc ; I finally was able to install Yellow Dog 3.0. It was a difficult install. It now works great, except I now have only 6.8M free RAM. Most programs die during loading. I can play Mahjoong on it though :-) I ...

  1. FYI 6500/250 and Linux

    I finally was able to install Yellow Dog 3.0. It was a difficult
    install. It now works great, except I now have only 6.8M free RAM. Most
    programs die during loading. I can play Mahjoong on it though :-)

    I suppose 64M isn't enought, But Mac OS 8.6 likes it just fine. I guess
    I gotta scrounge up some more RAM.

    Al

    --
    There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......

  2. Re: FYI 6500/250 and Linux

    Hi Al.

    Sorry nto hear about your troubles with YDL.

    I'm trying to get debian running on my 6500/250 but I'm having trouble
    finding a PCI NIC (network interface card) that is supported. Do you or
    anybody else in this forum know which NIC to use on a 6500/250 under debian?

    Kim

    "Al" skrev i en meddelelse
    > I finally was able to install Yellow Dog 3.0. It was a difficult
    > install. It now works great, except I now have only 6.8M free RAM. Most
    > programs die during loading. I can play Mahjoong on it though :-)
    >
    > I suppose 64M isn't enought, But Mac OS 8.6 likes it just fine. I guess
    > I gotta scrounge up some more RAM.
    >
    > Al
    >
    > --
    > There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......

+ Reply to Thread