YD 3 Help! - Powerpc

This is a discussion on YD 3 Help! - Powerpc ; I successfully, or so I thought, loaded YD 3.0 on my 6500/250. It all worked fine until it booted for the first time. I got this error message: Kernel panic: VFS : unable to mount boot fs on 03:08 Huh? ...

  1. YD 3 Help!

    I successfully, or so I thought, loaded YD 3.0 on my 6500/250. It all
    worked fine until it booted for the first time. I got this error message:

    Kernel panic: VFS : unable to mount boot fs on 03:08

    Huh? YD 2.1 worked fine on this computer.

    Al

    --
    There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......

  2. Re: YD 3 Help!

    In article ,
    Al wrote:

    > I successfully, or so I thought, loaded YD 3.0 on my 6500/250. It all
    > worked fine until it booted for the first time. I got this error message:
    >
    > Kernel panic: VFS : unable to mount boot fs on 03:08
    >
    > Huh? YD 2.1 worked fine on this computer.
    >
    > Al

    OK, finally got it to work after four (4) installation attempts. And one
    reinstallation of the Mac OS and repartioning.

    Nice, it's even faster on my Mac 6500/250 then on my mogrelPC/350.

    But, for a new user like myself, it's a horror. Not ready for prime time.

    Al

    --
    There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......

+ Reply to Thread