Anybody know of a good wav file recorder? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Anybody know of a good wav file recorder? - Powerpc ; I want to copy some analog tapes onto my hard drive. I need a piece of software that'll run on Yellow Dog Linux and converts line-in analog sound to wav files. Is there such a piece of software out there? ...

  1. Anybody know of a good wav file recorder?

    I want to copy some analog tapes onto my hard drive. I need a piece of
    software that'll run on Yellow Dog Linux and converts line-in analog sound
    to wav files. Is there such a piece of software out there? Thanks.

  2. Re: Anybody know of a good wav file recorder?

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:26:45 GMT,
    Hiawatha Bray , in
    wrote:
    +> I want to copy some analog tapes onto my hard drive. I need a piece of
    +> software that'll run on Yellow Dog Linux and converts line-in analog sound
    +> to wav files. Is there such a piece of software out there? Thanks.

    Yes, there are several.

    I've been using sound-recorder

    http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/app...rs/!INDEX.html

    If you're running KDE, look at krecord, or if you're using gnome,
    grecord.

    Recording sound is pretty straight forward.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: Anybody know of a good wav file recorder?

    Thanks much. Sounds like what I need.

    "I R A Darth Aggie" wrote in message
    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:26:45 GMT,
    > Hiawatha Bray , in
    > wrote:
    > +> I want to copy some analog tapes onto my hard drive. I need a piece of
    > +> software that'll run on Yellow Dog Linux and converts line-in analog

    sound
    > +> to wav files. Is there such a piece of software out there? Thanks.
    >
    > Yes, there are several.
    >
    > I've been using sound-recorder
    >
    > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/app...rs/!INDEX.html
    >
    > If you're running KDE, look at krecord, or if you're using gnome,
    > grecord.
    >
    > Recording sound is pretty straight forward.
    >
    > James
    > --
    > Consulting Minister for Consultants, DNRC
    > I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
    > isn't looking good, either.
    > I am BOFH. Resistance is futile. Your network will be assimilated.

  4. Re: Anybody know of a good wav file recorder?

    GNUSound is a great hard disk recorder, draws wave as it records- very
    nice. also lightweight but can do multitrack mixing.

    Hiawatha Bray wrote:
    > Thanks much. Sounds like what I need.
    >

    > "I R A Darth Aggie" wrote in message
    >
    >>On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 03:26:45 GMT,
    >>Hiawatha Bray , in
    >> wrote:
    >>+> I want to copy some analog tapes onto my hard drive. I need a piece of
    >>+> software that'll run on Yellow Dog Linux and converts line-in analog

    > sound
    >
    >>+> to wav files. Is there such a piece of software out there? Thanks.
    >>
    >>Yes, there are several.
    >>
    >>I've been using sound-recorder
    >>
    >>http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/app...rs/!INDEX.html
    >>
    >>If you're running KDE, look at krecord, or if you're using gnome,
    >>grecord.
    >>
    >>Recording sound is pretty straight forward.
    >>
    >>James
    >>--
    >>Consulting Minister for Consultants, DNRC
    >>I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
    >>isn't looking good, either.
    >>I am BOFH. Resistance is futile. Your network will be assimilated.

+ Reply to Thread