Mac-on-Linux - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Mac-on-Linux - Powerpc ; I'm in the process of convincing my wife to upgrade from Mac OS 9.2 to Linux-ppc (prolly YellowDog 3.0). Her big concern is that there are a few apps running on Mac 9.2 that just HAVE to run for her. ...

  1. Mac-on-Linux

    I'm in the process of convincing my wife to upgrade from Mac OS 9.2
    to Linux-ppc (prolly YellowDog 3.0). Her big concern is that there
    are a few apps running on Mac 9.2 that just HAVE to run for her.
    One, unfortunately, is a game my 7yr old son REALLY likes to play -
    Bugdom2.

    In perusing the Mac-On-Linux pages, there wasn't any reference
    to what games/apps were known to work/not work. Is there a known
    list? Anyone know if the game will DEFINITELY work?

    Thanks,

    jerry
    --
    // Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
    // Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"

  2. Re: Mac-on-Linux

    On 9/9/03 2:23 am, in article wX97b.269$wu1.54@bignews4.bellsouth.net,
    "Jerry Heyman" wrote:

    > I'm in the process of convincing my wife to upgrade from Mac OS 9.2
    > to Linux-ppc (prolly YellowDog 3.0). Her big concern is that there
    > are a few apps running on Mac 9.2 that just HAVE to run for her.
    > One, unfortunately, is a game my 7yr old son REALLY likes to play -
    > Bugdom2.
    >
    > In perusing the Mac-On-Linux pages, there wasn't any reference
    > to what games/apps were known to work/not work. Is there a known
    > list? Anyone know if the game will DEFINITELY work?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > jerry

    Any games that use open GL (bugdom is one of them) will not work under MOL.
    Most apps do though. But bugdom DEFINITLEY wont work
    Colin

  3. Re: Mac-on-Linux

    Colin Ward wrote:

    > On 9/9/03 2:23 am, in article wX97b.269$wu1.54@bignews4.bellsouth.net,
    > "Jerry Heyman" wrote:
    >

    >> One, unfortunately, is a game my 7yr old son REALLY likes to play -
    >> Bugdom2.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> jerry

    > Any games that use open GL (bugdom is one of them) will not work under
    > MOL. Most apps do though. But bugdom DEFINITLEY wont work

    Thanks for the info - sorry that it won't :-(

    --
    // Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
    // Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"
    \\ // heymanj@acm.org | http://www.cs.stedwards.edu/~heyman
    \X/

+ Reply to Thread