Re: My power pc is dead after debian install!? (and my screw up!) - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Re: My power pc is dead after debian install!? (and my screw up!) - Powerpc ; On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:28:57 -0500 Dave Oliphant wrote: > But it wouldn't boot into linux when I would select it from the bootx > dual boot screen. So I started up the install routine again and this > ...

  1. Re: My power pc is dead after debian install!? (and my screw up!)

    Dave Oliphant wrote:

    > But it wouldn't boot into linux when I would select it from the bootx
    > dual boot screen. So I started up the install routine again and this
    > time I said go ahead and install the boot loader. Then it only booted
    >
    > into linux and did not give me the bootx dual boot screen, nor any of
    > the usuall mac starting up screens, like a happy floppy or the booting
    >
    > mac os screens.
    >
    > I am able to remove the original 1 gig internal scsi hard drive and it
    >
    > works just fine in another mac ppc, even booting up correctly.
    >
    > Now my power computing ppc powercenter 132 mac clone is totally dead.
    >
    > Upon power on, I get nothing. Is there a way to fix this problem? Or
    >
    > is my mac now totally dead and only good to be thrown away?

    cmd-opt-p-r

    at bootup this will reset the parameter ram and tell OF to load from the
    ROM in the machine, rather than from the disk.

    tom

  2. Re: My power pc is dead after debian install!? (and my screw up!)

    Thanks so much. I'm a real newbie when it comes to macs; your info did
    the trick. After I did everything you suggested 4-5 time, cmd opt p r
    and the cuda button and I removed the little battery and did it all
    several times, including removing the memory, rom, cache, power and
    reseating everything, it has come back. whew!

    Thanks again.

    Dave Oliphant

    > cmd-opt-p-r
    >
    > at bootup this will reset the parameter ram and tell OF to load from
    > the ROM in the machine, rather than from the disk.
    >
    > tom

+ Reply to Thread