On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 15:25:37 -0500, greg wrote:

>I'm surprised I haven't seen any threads on this.
>
>The socket on the IBM 43P-140 motherboard is the same as the Macintosh
>Beige G3's and B&W G3's.
>
>All I had to do was remove the cache SIMM, dropped a 300-mhz marked G3
>in the socket and put the Mac heatsink on top (the 604e fan/heatsink's
>clip was too short). I didn't have to change the VRM module.
>
>Computer turned on ok and booted Linux (2.4.19 kernel) no problems.

This is cool. I just aquired a 43p-140 233Mhz machine. I also have
access to a pile of excess macs I could salvage a CPU from. I would
love to give this a try but I need to get linux on my machine first.

I found exactly one site that gave step by step instructions
http://www.solinno.co.uk/7043-140 but it seems to have gone down this
past weekend.

Any pointers to get started?

Thanks,