Debug Kernel boot with JTAG emulator? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Debug Kernel boot with JTAG emulator? - Powerpc ; Anyone ever try debugging a kernel problem using a JTAG debugger such as the HP E5900B? How about using it in an SMP system? I'm trying to figure out a problem with a 7455 SMP board in a Sawtooth/Cube system....

  1. Debug Kernel boot with JTAG emulator?

    Anyone ever try debugging a kernel problem using a JTAG debugger
    such as the HP E5900B?
    How about using it in an SMP system?
    I'm trying to figure out a problem with a 7455 SMP
    board in a Sawtooth/Cube system.

  2. Re: Debug Kernel boot with JTAG emulator?

    Free Spirit writes:

    >Anyone ever try debugging a kernel problem using a JTAG debugger
    >such as the HP E5900B?

    I don't think that the Agilent probes support the MMU, i. e. it will
    not be usable under Linux.

    >How about using it in an SMP system?

    Worse ;-)

    >I'm trying to figure out a problem with a 7455 SMP
    >board in a Sawtooth/Cube system.

    I haven't dealt with SMP systems yet, but I am pretty sure that a
    BDI2000 would work there, too.

    Wolfgang Denk

    --
    Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
    Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de

+ Reply to Thread