I want to install Debian linux on my iBook that is running Mac OS 9 which I'd
like to keep. I already have a placeholder partition for linux that comes
before the Mac OS partition.
According to yaboot-howto, one has to create a bootstrap partition and make it
partition #2. It's also implied that the main linux partition is #3. Which can
easily be done in mac-fdisk, I guess.
But, what about all those multiple driver and patch partitions that come right
after the map? In my case these are partitions ## 2-8.
I mean, do they matter?
If I make the boostrap #2, might it mess anything up with my MacOS?
I would hate not to be able to boot into MacOS at all after that like that
previous newbie with imac.
Thanks
Alex