Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work? - Powerpc ; If I install Yellowdog am I going to give up my DVD burning ability or DVD movie watching? Linux in general sux for easy DVD viewing for some reason so I am geussing Yellowdog will also? So far I can ...

  1. Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work?

    If I install Yellowdog am I going to give up my DVD burning ability or DVD
    movie watching? Linux in general sux for easy DVD viewing for some reason so I
    am geussing Yellowdog will also? So far I can only assume that OSX is
    still king for the finer amenities on a Mac platform.

  2. Re: Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work?

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:14:45 GMT,
    CaptSammy , in
    wrote:

    +> If I install Yellowdog am I going to give up my DVD burning ability

    No.

    +> or DVD movie watching?

    No.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work?

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:11:14 +0000, I R A Darth Aggie wrote:

    > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:14:45 GMT,
    > CaptSammy , in
    > wrote:
    >
    > +> If I install Yellowdog am I going to give up my DVD burning ability
    >
    > No.
    >
    > +> or DVD movie watching?
    >
    > No.
    >
    > James

    So Yellowdog installs with a DVD burner or movie viewer that is GUI and
    user friendly? Which would these be?

  4. Re: Yellowdog on a Ti Powerbook, DVD work?

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:30:04 GMT,
    CaptSammy , in
    wrote:
    +> On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:11:14 +0000, I R A Darth Aggie wrote:
    +>
    +> > On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:14:45 GMT,
    +> > CaptSammy , in
    +> > wrote:
    +> >
    +> > +> If I install Yellowdog am I going to give up my DVD burning ability
    +> >
    +> > No.
    +> >
    +> > +> or DVD movie watching?
    +> >
    +> > No.
    +> >
    +> > James
    +>
    +> So Yellowdog installs with a DVD burner

    cdrecord. Don't be put off by the "cd" part.

    +> or movie viewer

    xine, ogle, mplayer

    +> that is GUI and user friendly?

    There are multiple front-ends to xine and mplayer, ogle includes its own.

    +> Which would these be?

    Since you want stuff delivered on a silver plater, stick with OS X.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.