I'm using Debian on a PowerMac, but I can't get X-windows to work. I
love Debian but can't stand the red, white and blue text on a black
screen; it gives me a headache. However, during the installation
process (partition initialisation I think) the screen changes to black
text on a light grey screen. Is there any way I can get the console
terminal to display more like that (i.e. the reverse of the default
reverse-video)? Like is there some sort of boot-prompt? Can't find
anything in the howto. Did I miss something??

If this is a stupid question, please tell me and I'll stop asking it!!

Nikki