anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor? - Powerpc ; ...

  1. anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

  2. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    "Roy" writes:

    >> anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    Yes, we do this for a living.

    Next question, please.

    Wolfgang Denk

    --
    Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
    Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de

  3. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    any notes or guidles which teach the procedures for porting available on
    web or bookstores? any suggestion?

    "Wolfgang Denk" 撰寫於郵件新聞
    :HII51B.87I.3.diddl.denx@denx.muc.de...
    > "Roy" writes:
    >
    > >> anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    > Yes, we do this for a living.
    >
    > Next question, please.
    >

    > Wolfgang Denk
    >
    > --
    > Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
    > Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de
    > "I'm growing older, but not up." - Jimmy Buffett

  4. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

  5. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    In article , "Roy" wrote:

    Well, Googling for "linux ppc" turned up 544,000 hits -- you might try
    that for a start....

    --
    Hey spambots! Harvest this! .!..
    Unsolicited commercial email (uce) should be sent to: uce@ftc.gov

  6. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    Actually , i want a linux kernel which is ported to the Book E e500 , i have
    searched through google, but still can't find any sources, so i want to find
    some notes or books which can teach me the procedures or steps for porting
    linux, such that i can learn how to do the porting to e500. Anyone has the
    pointer which points to the ported linux kernel source or any pointer which
    points to the porting materials?

    "Declan MacLeod"
    撰寫於郵件新聞
    :declan_macleoid-7266E8.06571524072003@news3-ge0.southeast.rr.com...
    > In article , "Roy" wrote:
    >

    > Well, Googling for "linux ppc" turned up 544,000 hits -- you might try
    > that for a start....
    >
    > --
    > Hey spambots! Harvest this! .!..
    > Unsolicited commercial email (uce) should be sent to: uce@ftc.gov

  7. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    In article
    ,
    Declan MacLeod
    wrote:

    > In article , "Roy" wrote:
    >

    > Well, Googling for "linux ppc" turned up 544,000 hits -- you might try
    > that for a start....

    Ahem. Yellowdog Linux. comp.os.linux.powerpc Powerpc Kernel Archives
    . FreeBSD ports to ppc. And lots more.

    It seems somebody didn't look very hard.

    - Doug

  8. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    "Roy" writes:

    >Actually , i want a linux kernel which is ported to the Book E e500 , i have
    >searched through google, but still can't find any sources, so i want to find

    Strange. I get some 5,500 hits when googeling for "linux e500".

    Wolfgang Denk

    --
    Software Engineering: Embedded and Realtime Systems, Embedded Linux
    Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87 Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88 Web: www.denx.de
    "Text processing has made it possible to right-justify any idea, even
    one which cannot be justified on any other grounds."
    -- J. Finnegan, USC.

  9. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    Wolfgang Denk wrote:

    > "Roy" writes:
    >
    > >Actually , i want a linux kernel which is ported to the Book E e500 , i have
    > >searched through google, but still can't find any sources, so i want to find

    > Strange. I get some 5,500 hits when googeling for "linux e500".

    I hope he will stop top-posting too. :-)

    --
    Andrew J. Brehm
    Fan of Woody Allen

  10. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    The people who've done it probably know.

  11. Re: anyone know how to port linux kernel to power pc processor?

    thanks for your help

    Regards,
    Roy

    "Matt Porter" 撰寫於郵件新聞
    :slrnbi1poj.vn3.mmporter@liberty.homelinux.org...
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:37:11 +0800, Roy wrote:
    > >Actually , i want a linux kernel which is ported to the Book E e500 , i

    have
    > >searched through google, but still can't find any sources, so i want to

    find
    > >some notes or books which can teach me the procedures or steps for

    porting
    > >linux, such that i can learn how to do the porting to e500. Anyone has

    the
    > >pointer which points to the ported linux kernel source or any pointer

    which
    > >points to the porting materials?

    > You're in the wrong place. This type of thing is talked about on
    > linuxppc-embedded. You can find an archived post containing a boot
    > log of an MPC8540. There is no source code publicly released. Watch
    > for more info from the Motorola folks that are doing a port....
    >
    > Regards,,
    > --
    > Matt Porter
    > mporter@kernel.crashing.org